Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Baskets ?

I can't believe I almost forgot, May Baskets, for May 1.  Here we go again telling what I use to do in the old days. Ha!  Well, let me tell you it was a blast.  My friends and I would get together at one of our houses and make May Baskets.  What, you say ?  You can use construction paper usually in bright colors and staples or glue. We would make our own glue with just flour and water and precede to make a basket.  Usually they were cone shape with a handle but sometimes you made a basket with strips of paper you have cut out and weaved yourself and of course with a handle.  Then we would fill them with a flower or two and a small piece of candy. You can put them on friends door knobs, Grandma's, maybe someone who has been sick, a boy or girl you like.  In other words anyone for any reason.  It was great fun and so exciting to make.  Then you went out and placed them on the door handle, knock on the door and run.  You did not want them to see you, I do know that was important but I could not remember why.  From what I have read on google if they saw you they could kiss you.  I'll be honest I just don't remember that one but sounds good uh ?  I just know how much fun the whole procedure was.  Somehow I just can't see my Grandkids getting excited about doing all that.  Ha!  One thing I did find out from Google was, it's a pagan celebration.  Interesting.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...