Friday, May 7, 2010

Barbecue ? Really ?

Do we really have to get out the grill ?  I mean, come on.  It is not easier.  It's a lot of trouble and what do you end up with ?.......A dried up hamb. or hot dog.  Oh my Goodness,  if I never see another piece of charcoal I should be so happy.  Isn't charcoal lighter the secret ingredient ?  My family raves about barbecuing.  I certainly don't know why.  Most of the time they are in such a hurry to get the barbecuing done, the rest of the meal is barely started.  That is what would happen every time.  I would be making a veg. salad, a fruit salad and maybe some salsa with chips.  I'd just be getting started and the call for...Food is ready !  What  ?!  So I started forgetting about the barbecue part and told who every is doing it they had to do all the clean up and I would do the clean up for the food in the kitchen.  Surprise !  No more barbecuing.  To be honest I just don't care for barbecued meat.  Never any beef.  So for this year it's going to be a salsa recipe I got from Giada that has pineapple and avocado, yummy.  Then how about some salads with what ever veggie you like, have a few dressings to choose from and maybe frozen yogurt for dessert ?  Sounds like an easy care free day to me.  So sit back put your feet up enjoy a glass of ice tea with lemon and were set. 

Pineapple Avocado Salsa

1 14oz can sliced pineapple (reserve juice)
1 T. lime juice
1 T. honey
1 T. olive oil
1 small jalapeno (remove seeds, chop small)
1/4 red onion  chopped
1 med. avocado cubed
2 T. cilantro chopped

Mix pineapple juice, lime, honey,oil, jalapeno and salt & pepper.
Add pineapple & onion.
Then gentle fold in avocado and cilantro 
Enjoy !
Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...