Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekend ? What ?

     It's funny when you no longer go to work how the days just don't seem to matter.  I say, Jim and I are retired but that makes you visualize someone who now has the time to do all the things you didn't have time to do before.  Well, let's just say we do have the time but sadly not the money.  Don't feel sorry for us yet, as we are happy as larks (no I don't really know how happy they are but they sure do sing a pretty song).  Life is just great.  So when you are talking to someone about the weekend coming up you just don't get that happy feeling any more as everyday is the beginning of the weekend.  Am I right?
     Must tell you our stay at the Hotel Diamond was really fun and I enjoyed every minute of it.  It's a combination of ultra modern meets elegant furnishings.  The furniture in this room was gorgeous, huge elegant dressers with marble tops, medium size round table with elephant shaped legs, and they converted an old clothes closet into a cabinet for the flat screen tv.  It was all beautiful.  Then there was the rocking chair, OH MY GOD!,  beautiful dark wood, with scroll work on the back with the arm coming down into paws, leather seat and just adorable.  I swear I kept thinking I could get a rope, drop it out the window and put it in the trunk.  They would miss it, I'm sure, Maybe, OH stop.  I did enjoy it while I was there.  Then of course we had dinner in the dinning room.  I had crab legs, very, very good and Jim had shrimp scampy, Yum.  Everyone was very kind, welcoming, and made you feel at home.  We walked around downtown in the evening and enjoyed the cool weather.  It was great.
     Yes, we have our antenna up and running.  I say running but I don't really mean it's running just that it is working fine.  We now get about 40 channels and we are out in the country so if you are in a town you would probably get a lot more but hey, I'm not going to complain we (again) are happy as larks.  It's nice not having that 80.00 bill every month.  Just a one time price for the antenna and we are done.  The only thing I can say is my favorite channels, 9.1, 9.2 , 9.3, which are the pbs stations don't seem to come in in the evening.  Anyway not out here in the country, I imagine they still do in the city though.  Do you think they turn there power down at a certain time ?  That must be it.  Tootles
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...