Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's the LAW !

     Don't you wish when you were born you were handed a "Book of Law", and everything in it you had to follow to the letter.  The Do's and Don'ts .  I am always coming up with things I wish I had known or had taken more seriously.  I know we all do, but oh, wouldn't it have been wonderful to have that Guardian Angel right there beside you shaking her head no and mean it or shaking her head yes.  I think I would have listened to her.  I know we had Mom's but who listens to them when you already know everything.  I've come up with a few things and plan on adding more, Laws that is, to live by.  Who knows maybe my Grandchilden or someones children will take it seriously.............
#1.  Take care of your teeth.  I can't stress this enough.  Especially now, when going to the dentist, you need to sell your house first.  I'm not kidding.  What is it 3, when you should start going.  Go every 6 months and do not miss any.  Brush 3 times a day and of course floss.  Growing up we never had floss in the house.  I have to admit I wasn't the Mom who made sure we had floss in my house.  Even though when I did have a cavity it was between my teeth.  Now I ask you, wouldn't that be your first clue.  I just did not know how important I should have taken it.  Now I do.  I'm in my 60's, no dental insurance, and good old arnold has cut it out for Seniors.  Heaven help  us.
#2.  Education.  Work with your kids before they ever start school even preschool.  I did teach them the alphabet and some counting but should have stepped it up and done a lot more.  I was the Mom who would state, that's the teachers job.  How embarrassing now.  No it's not just the teachers job.  You have to look at it from your child's point of view.  Don't you want your child to do the best he can and be the best he can be.  You notice I did not say success at all because I do believe there are many people today who are considered very successful but are terrible unhappy.  So it's important to , yes, get the education but also seek and find what makes you happy and grab on.  Think about what and how you want your life to be, along the way of getting all the education you can get but above all study and learn.  Start young and learn how to study.  Some people never have to study, they are lucky but for those of us who need it, find out the best way.  I do know start the little ones early, that's when they are at their best of being a sponge.  I have witnessed it myself watching little ones learn and loved it.  For them it is not a chore but fun and new.  So grab that grandbaby and work with them on numbers, letters and let us not forget manners.     To be continued, I have just got started .    Tootles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...