Sunday, August 8, 2010

Your Own family

     Have I told you I am writing my own Family History,  What an eye opener that is.  I never realized just how many houses I lived in.  Not that my Mom liked all those moves.  In fact this was a women who should have stayed in her home town, living in a big two maybe three story house and never moved from it.  She would have loved keeping our, my brothers and mine, bedrooms just as they were and had all our keepsakes saved.  Oh, how I wish she had had that.  But she did not.  Her bravery when we did move astounded me.  She was always independent and showed herself to be on top of everything.  She could adapt to any situation and always made it better.  I am amazed at my Mom.  I was lucky enough to tell her numerous times how much I loved growing up in her home.  They did not have a lot of money but we never knew that, anyway I certainly didn't.  To hear my brothers tell it they had it bad.  They did not.  Mom always made sure we had a clean, cozy, loving home to come home to.  Always had good food on the table.  Of course after school, always, I mean always there were homemade cookies, cakes, pies, something for us to look forward to.  Oh how I miss her.  She was so wise and knew what she wanted but being of that generation the husband made most of the decisions and they weren't always the right ones.  
     Give it some thought.  Write down what you remember.  If not the whole time maybe memories that pop out.  Especially prices of things.  What did you do for fun?  At different ages.  Believe me someday your Grand children will thank you for it.  I know I would love to be able to read about my Grandma and Grandpa's life.  What was important to them.  How cool that would be.  Tootles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...