Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Stacking Books

As you can see, I am going through my Books. I have a place on Amazon where I sell them.

When I first started thinking about doing this, selling that is, I was totally against it.  I mean, I am a book lover and over the years, almost 50. I gathered a lot but what I realized was I had books that didn't really have a place in my heart and soul.  Those books I had a ton of.  So that is what I did.  I started several years ago.  Well actually I gave a bunch away.

For reasons I will not get into now (another day) I gave about 500 books to Salvation Army.  And yes, there were some of the books I wish I had not given away.  But I keep telling myself it is for the good.  I emptied a lot of shelves. In fact most of them were stacked around the house because I didn't have room  on a shelf.  What I regret is I gave away Cook Books. But again I'm just hoping someone out there is cooking up a storm from my old book.  Now, that would make me happy.   To be honest, I do not regret any of the other books.  I swear I had every kind of diet book known to man.  No regrets there.

Then I found out from exploring Amazon I could have sold them.  It's not that I want to get rich, like that is going to happen.  I just want to share  my books and get some shelf space.  But there are some books I will never part with.  You know the books that when you look up at your shelves and you see a spine with Title and Author and WOW,  it brings back a load of memories.  I love that.  I will do that and immediately I am in a different place, people around me feel so real and the smells, it is just WOW.  That's all I can say.

So to get back to the stacks of books, that is what I am going to do.  I always have fun doing that and when I sell a book it's always exciting to know someone will be happy to get their mail.  Tootles





No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...