Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Garden and Things

Is not this beautiful ?  It is the bloom from the artichoke which will go to seed.  We have several on our bush and are thrilled to have them for next year.  Our Garden was not big at all as we just had, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes ( cannot recall the type), and of course my herbs, rosemary (which I hope stays for a long time), oregano, and sage.  The sage seems to be taking over as I do not seem to have much oregano.  The of course I have lots and lots of mint.  That really takes over but I do love it.
     I do so wish we had planted green peppers as well as red, and orange, some hot peppers and of course, Pumpkins and then ornamental squash.  Cannot think of the name of them but I am sure you know what I am talking about.
     Our weather is Autumn for sure.  How I love the cool mornings.  Jim and I wrap up in jackets and have our coffee outside.  This morning it was quite windy coming from the north so we sat on the deck which is on the south side of our house.  So we were protected from it.  Oh, it was so enjoyable.  Wish we had a roof over that area to keep the rain out but it is just a cloth to protect us from the sun.
 

This is a picture of our first blossom from the citrus tree.  We do not know for sure what kind it is so that will be a surprise. 
     I do go out and sit a lot and enjoy the sights and sounds.  How refreshing it is to do. 
     Enjoy this day and our new Season.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...