Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Flowers in Our Yard

I believe this is an Amaryllsis.  I just know it's the brightest flower in our yard.  What a show piece.  I swear you could look at it all day long, sometimes I just about do.  I wanted to get a shot of it to show you.  You know most of my flowers have been given to me by various people and it's like I have friends all over my yard.  Now that is a scary thought (just kidding). 
     Last night we had a wild and crazy rain.  I'm not kidding.  First there was this bright white flash, I just happened to see, out of the corner of my eye, through the window.  Then about 3 seconds later bamm!, a loud crack of thunder.  Wow !  This is so strange as I'm in Northern CA. just north of Sac. so we do not get thunder storms.  Your talking to a girl born and raised in Kansas.  I know what a Thunder and Lightening Storm sound like.  Believe me many anights I spent with my head under the covers only to bravely peek out of my upstairs window, to be Zapped by another round of thunder and lightening.  It was thrilling and scary at the same time but last night I have to say for the brief time it was in our area, about 30 to 45 minutes, it was a doozie.  Thunder, lightening and them a downpour of  rain, made me even miss the good ole' days of Kansas.  Ha!
   Hey you might want to check out another site I've been working on....Arcanes Portis Aveo on the Kindle blogs.  I'm enjoy myself very much and love sharing with you.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...