Saturday, January 17, 2015

Crochet Dolls, Different Blankets and More !

Sade Blake & Ada Belle
 The top photo is my doll my Mom made me,  now keep in 
mind, I was an adult.  I love her to pieces.  Just a couple of 
weeks ago I decided to make Sade Blake her own doll. And 
of course I named her Ada Belle.  What fun I had crocheting.
So now we come to the two dolls in the window. The one on the left is a Faery Doll.  She has wings all over her.  I tried to make her simple because she is so full of magic it's scary.  Scary in a good way.  Speaking of scary the one sitting beside her is really adorable but  lets face it, her eyes !  Yikes !  She is the all seer.  You know what I mean.  She knows and sees it all.  I do love to make the dolls.  Each time I try to do it a little different.

This next picture, I'm going to make me a quilt.  Not your usual one.  I will take pictures as I go along so you can see what I have in mind.  Right now I'm working on a square that has a pillow cover. The pillow itself is long gone but I have kept the cover as it was my poodles.  Her name  was Sade Blake and I loved her to pieces.  She would sleep with this pillow all the time.  I have made a big S in the center for both Sade and Sampson Drake.  He was also a  poodle.  I'm deciding whether I should put the red heart on it or not.  Haven't decided yet but do want to add ribbons and lace .   Now we come to the last photo.  On the right is a Shawl I made and I love how the yarn looks.  It's very soft as it's the baby yarn but it's even shiny too.  I had most of a skein of white left and most of a skein of green in baby yarn also.  So one side is white the other is green.  I, myself, think its a pretty combination but   maybe I should have made it more of stripes.  Oh well, it's made now.
The one on the left, I am making for my Daughter.  It's a Prayer Shawl.  I found the  pattern on the internet, of course.  It was such a  beautiful story about the shawls and  has meaning for you no matter your  choices in your spiritual life.  What would be better when your sad,  upset, or just deep thinking, you put the Prayer Shawl around you and it's like, who ever you believe in, is hugging you right now and telling you everything will be A-OK.  Now that's what I'm talking about.     Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...