Tuesday, April 27, 2010

At the Top !

Ok, we are going to talk about not only what is at the top but also what is not or at least not so much.  I'm talking about our hair.  I mean, what is up with thinning hair.  You know I excepted it, when my hair started turning white.  By the time I was in my 30's my hair was mostly white.  I mean, come on.  Then, I did have a choice of putting a dye or a rinse on it. I did for a while then let it be white, got a perm which was the style in early 90's and let it grow long.  Loved it.  Then I got the bright idea to surprise my husband.  Now keep in mind my hair was past my shoulders.  I had it cut just below my ears and dyed light brown.  Believe me I was sorry.  You know when you do something like that and you can't take it back and you see the look on peoples faces that it doesn't really look good but they don't know what to say.  So to save yourself you have to act like you love it.  That's what I did.  Think about it, what else are you going to do ?  Well, I finally got over that but have always had a problem that when ever my hair looks pretty good I sabotage it by either cutting it on a whim or put a color on it.  I really wish I could figure that one out, why do I do that ?  Anyway, now I'm dealing with  thinning hair.  Just on top.  How ugly is that.  It goes through my mind about the guy who does the comb over but now it's not so funny. Ha,so stop laughing.  I have wore a hat but alas I one of those people who do not look good in a hat.  I have, however, wore a baseball hat and it wasn't too bad.  My favorites are the little visors.  Not the ones with a rim, just the ones that go straight back in your hair.  There is not much to them but it's getting so you can see the sides of it through my hair really good and they don't stay in place as well as they use to.  I do blow dry my hair to make it look fuller.  Of course, then you hear that is hard on your hair so you shouldn't.  I know the only alternative is a wig.  I am thinking about it but then that leads to a whole new direction.  Do you wear it all the time ?  What color do you get ?  I just don't know if I want to commit to that just yet.  I know some of them are very expensive but some are pretty reasonable.  I just need to go check them out and see how easy or difficult they would be to use.  For now, you see a lot of pink scalp and some white hairs flowing over it.  I guess in the scheme of things this is not a life or death decision.  It's just another part of dealing with getting older and wanting to handle it with grace.   Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...