Monday, May 8, 2017

The Hard Facts of Eating Healthy

We are determined to find the food that is delicious and healthy.  I do have some recipe books that are giving me just what I need to give me confidence for the go ahead meals.  So far they really are delicious and hey I want to do whatever I can to make it happen.

The favorite cookbook I have is, "Eat Real Food or Else".  by Lien Nguyen, Mike Nichols, MD,  Chef Charles Vollmar.  The  Quiche I made with ground almond crust, page 234.

Another breakfast recipe, or anytime of day, Eggs Benedict with "Polenta".
 OMG, as the young people say today.  It is delicious.  The Polenta is made with cauliflower.  It is so delicious.  Page 232

I still have plenty more recipes to try in this book and I will.  That's what I mean, we have to be willing to try something different. 

Sheet Pan Suppers by Molly Gilbert
Cook it in Cast Iron by Cooks country Test Kitchen

" The Kitchn, "  This is one of my favorite books, blog and cookbook by Sara Kate Gillingham and Faith Durand.
The have great advice, recipes and can answer just about any cooking question.

Right now I'm debating about starting sour dough bread.  The have a whole section on how to make your starter and then what to do.  It's one of the things my Grandma made and I didn't know this until an Uncle talked about it.  I'm checking it out from a nutritional stand point.  They do say everything in moderation and that's what it would be or would it.  I still need to do some checking on it. 

We are going to the farmers market this week.  So will let you know how that goes.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...