Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Reading

Let me tell you what I think of bicycling.  I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world...It gives (a) women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance...The moment she takes her seat she knows she can't get into harm unless she gets off her bicycle...

                                                                                Susan B. Anthony, Social Reformer, 1896

I love that.  This is a quote in the beginning of the Book I am about to read.
  
While the World is Still Asleep by Petra Durst-Benning

If this is any indication of what this book is about then I am very excited to get started.  I'm reading it on my Kindle as I belong to the unlimited books.  I might add very good deal as you can read as many as you want for 9.99 a month.  Believe me I would spend that and more on one book.  The only  draw back, of course is it's on the Kindle.  Yes, I know  there are many good things about the Kindle but let's face it, You can't smell the book, hold it in your hand and feel the energy going through your fingers.  It's not  going to be on your book shelf where you can see the spine and remember the joys and laughter or the sadness you felt BUT I will say this.  If I like the book I will buy the book to hold in  my hand and read it many many times.  So, there you go, the Kindle is a good thing.

Will let you know about the book.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...