Friday, June 8, 2012

Welcome !

 How is your day going ?  Here at the Dusty Cottage it is going great.  I'm still eating the Paleo way and my tummy is very happy. I do have to admit it is somewhat of a challenge.  So far I have been able to overcome and move on, so to speak.  You see not only am I eating the Paleo Way but after reading in both the books I have, about Paleo.  I have discovered the nightshade vegetables are not so good for you.  That is for some people.  It seems some of us have a gene that has a problem with a eating nightshades and I am pretty sure I am one of those people.  I won't go into that now but let's just say that has scratched off some of the veggie's I ate a lot.  They are potato and tomato.  There are more but those are the ones that effect me.  I do miss potato but hey, I'm doing fine.  Just like today I made a soup for lunch.  I added a couple of chicken pieces, cooked, to my veg soup.  I started out with the usual....onions, garlic, carrots, mushrooms got a good caramel crunch on them then....and here is the really super part
I just learned about.  I slice zucchini with a potato peeler and it looks like noodles. I added them along with curry, basil, cumin and salt and pepper.  Talk about yummy !!  It was delicious.  I plan on having that a lot.  So slowly I am getting use to and loving it
This sweet doll is Sade Blake.  My Mom made her for me.  I love her too pieces.  The picture above her was in my Mom's things and I just love it, especially the colors in it.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...