Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh, Those Diet Books

What can I say, I have every diet book that you can think of or so it seems.  One will tell you to eat all the meat you want along with some other things, I forgot.  Now let's think about this...all the meat you want.  Are you serious?  I rarely even eat meat.  So this was not something I was excited about.  It did not work.  Especially since I can't remember what else I could have.

Then I tried the grapefruit diet.  You were suppose to have a grapefruit in the morning the first thing and I think more throughout the day. YUK!  Have you tried grapefruit?  Well, I hadn't before I started the diet. OH MY GOD!  Once my face went back to normal (which was several minutes) and I somehow got over the bitter taste.  I decided this was not and I mean Not for me.

I have tried so many it's really funny and I am sorry to say, but not surprised none of them worked.  You know I was in line at the grocery store a few years ago and a woman customer was telling the checker about her new diet and how she was trying to lose weight.  There was an older gentleman who was next in line in front of me.  He listened to them talk and when there was a pause in the conversation he said, " Why don't you just close your mouth."  Enough said.

After all the diet books I will say I joined Weight Watchers.  Let's face it that is the most sensible diet out there.  It's really not a diet at all.  You just learn all over again how to eat properly and don't overdo.  Simple.
I have tried Nutra System.  I loved it.  Who wouldn't the food is very good.  It's delivered to your door every month and all in all not that much more than if you bought the food yourself and prepared it.  No cooking on your part, all you do is heat it up.  No dishes unless you want to put it on another plate (who would do that).
Plus you really feel like you have your very own cook inhouse.  It was super.  I just couldn't keep everyone else out of them so it did start to add up.  It would be great for single people.

Then I went for health books.  I mean I read everything I could get my hands on about what vitamin this food has.  Why your body should have it.  What is best for your gut.  Then I got into food combining.  Yes, that's right.  Now I'm consumed with being concerned about the foods I'm eating together.  Can you believe this?  Well, I'm sure with some people it's true and can have an effect on their digestion but all it did for me was give me a headache and a tummy ache.  Hey, I might have lost a few pounds.

What I have concluded is, stop, listen to your body and less is more.  Like the gentleman said, " Just close your mouth".        Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...