Monday, June 24, 2013

Vegetables and Baking

 Here is just some of the Vegetables I received this last week.  Yum Yum.  Also lots of fruit.  Jim puts them in our smoothies.  Of course I eat the strawberries so fast they don't always make it in.  This week I decided to bake some things Mom use to make.  The  Peach Cobbler in the square pan with Vanilla Sauce.  Have you ever heard of the sauce.  Well I never have and decides to try it. The recipe is from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook Eleventh Edition page 482 for the cobbler its under Apple Cobbler.  You use the recipe on page 481 which is called Cottage Pudding for the top.  Then they suggest having Vanilla Sauce to pour over it on page 402.  I did it all.  As you can see it turned out golden brown and was very tasty. The cream sauce was different.  While it was in the oven I decided to make a peach pie from scratch.  Same recipe book on page 407 I make the crust.  Let me tell you it has been years since I have done this. I would say at least 20.  I followed the direction to the letter, chilled the dough for about 30 minutes to an hour, rolled it out placed it in the pie shell etc.  Jim did get a little carried away with the cinnamon on top but that is the way he likes it.
As you can see it also turned out beautiful and the taste was yummy. Will I ever make these again?  Not on your life.  Wow !  Although it was very good the after effects were not.  Tummy ache and that was only from a small piece of pie and about an inch of cobbler.  How we all survived growing up on this stuff is amazing.  Way too heavy.  I think getting older also had a lot to do with it.  We just cannot eat like this.  From now on it's plain fruit or at least in the smoothies.  Sometimes going back is not such a pleasant experience.  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...