Monday, November 8, 2010

Apple Orchard Pictures

 Is this not the most adorable home.  Don't you just want to go inside, make a fire, put the kettle on for tea and grab a blanket and a good book and curl up.  Oh, how I like the thought of that. 
     The smell in the air is pine at it's best.  You just automatically take a deep breath the minute you get out of your car.  The air is cool and crisp and you are so glad you decided to come.  I looked all around me and there are several building that you can tell have been there for a long time.  The boards are very wide and very dark.  It's almost like you have gone back in time to a much simpler life.  A time we all would like to experience.  That friendly neighborhood that helped each other and always knew just what you needed, even before you knew.  Don't you just love this yard.  Give me this any day.  Who wants the manicured yard that no one is to step in.  This is simple and charming.
 This is the other side of the home.  I didn't tell you the name of this farm or I should say Orchard........Noble Orchards, Jim and Laurie Noble at 7050 Pentz Road in Paradise, CA.  As we were leaving they put in our hand and said,  "Hope you can join us for our  Harvest Party Celebration our 89th Season, Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 form 2-7pm. 

     Can you imagine 89 years.  Boy, the stories that house and barn could tell.  It's a great place to go especially to take the kids and let them see what a farm, orchard looks like.  It's not showy, or fancy.  Like I said yesterday it's the real deal and I am so glad I ask the right questions and a fellow swimmer let me in on the nugget in Paradise.
Just look at this barn.  Now I wish I would have taken more pictures for you.  Hey, I just might have to go up there again and when I do, I will take a lot more pictures and share. 
     Enjoy, and I hope you are thinking about those apple pies you need to make for the Holidays.  You can always make some now just to get in practice for Thanksgiving and Hey, Christmas is just around the corner.
     I wonder if I can find the chocolate farm.  Can you imagine an orchard of chocolate drops hanging on the tree.  Maybe.  It could happen.  I just might be the one to go looking for it.  Ha!  Tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Working Hard !

 Exercising every other day. I have a positive  attitude. I do hope I improve but I am luckier then a lot of people. Thank the Lord God.  Pr...